Frankston Metropolitan Activity Centre (FMAC) Structure Plan
Frankston Metropolitan Activity Centre Structure plan to shape out city's vision for 2031.
On Monday 25 May 2015, Frankston City Council adopted the Frankston Metropolitan Activity Centre Structure Plan, to create a strong guide to shape the city until 2031.
The Frankston Metropolitan Activity Centre Structure Plan will guide development, land use, movement, public realm/open space, strategic opportunities and economic/social planning and sustainability within this important services and employment location.
The Plan highlights a number of priorities to ensure our City has a clear framework to achieve:
• Planning and building design to attract greater investment and promote high quality architecture within the Frankston Metropolitan Activity Centre
• Establishing Frankston as the major retail, business and hospitality centre in the region
• Supporting projects that promote the activation and revitalisation of the city’s streets
• Ensuring that the city has adequate housing available in the centre of the city, to meet increased demand for inner city lifestyle, that accompanies business and population growth
• Cementing Frankston’s position as the health and education hub for the region, by supporting additional health services and expansion of tertiary institutions
• Meeting increased demand for arts and culture in Frankston, by developing an arts and culture precinct
The Frankston Metropolitan Activity Centre Structure Plan focuses on a central activity area within Frankston City that includes the Frankston Waterfront, Kananook Creek, Beauty Park, Monash University, Chisholm, Frankston Hospital, Bayside Shopping Centre, the Frankston Transit Interchange, inner-city Frankston residential properties and Ebdale Precinct.
Council lodged in stages two Planning Scheme Amendment requests with the Minister for Planning for authorisation to implement the recommendations of the Frankston Metropolitan Activity Centre Structure Plan.
Planning Scheme Amendment C123 is Stage 1, which implements the key recommendations from the FMAC Structure Plan, for areas within the city centre. It proposes to rezone the city centre to the Activity Centre Zone. Amendment C123 was adopted at Council's Ordinary Meeting held on 3 April 2018. Amendment C123 has been submitted to the Minister for Planning for his consideration and approval.
Planning Scheme Amendment C124 is Stage 2 of the implementation of the FMAC Structure Plan. Amendment seeks to implement its key actions relating to those areas peripheral to the FMAC city centre. It seeks to introduce various zoning and overlay control changes into the Frankston Planning Scheme within Precincts 4,5,6,7,8,9 and 10 of the FMAC Structure Plan (See Precinct Map). This Amendment is being itemed to Council mid-year 2018.
More information on those Amendments can be found at: